Core Filmmaking Competencies
Content Development & Pre-Production:
Screenwriting | Multi-Column Scripting | Location Scouting | Casting
Directing On-Screen Talent & Film Crews | Digital Cinematography | Dialogue & Audio Recording
Post-Production Workflows & Video Editing | Motion Graphic Design | Sound Design | Color Grading
Client Communications | Leadership | Scheduling | Budgeting
Recent Film and Video Projects
Celestial Cinema YouTube Channel – Columbus, OH; Media, PA
Director, Writer, & Host
2019 – Present
- Produce filmmaking tutorials that deliver educational content in a friendly, entertaining style.
- Manage a 3-member team of freelance video editors and sound designers, collaborating remotely to develop content and conduct post-production tasks, such as editing, sound design, and color grading.
- Videos received nearly 60,000 views while gaining more than 1,750 loyal YouTube subscribers.
- Earned endorsements from Avid Technology and a sponsorship deal with the makers of Postlab.
Astray – Celestial Cinema LLC – Binghamton, NY
Director & Screenwriter
2017 – 2019
- Created a short film centered around a college student with the ability to “see” the future potential of his fellow students. Currently rewriting as a feature-length screenplay.
- Recruited and led a 25-person cast and crew across 18 locations over a 13-day shooting schedule.
- Won Best Student Short at the 2019 International New York Film Festival.
Mainstage Productions – Binghamton University – Binghamton, NY
2016 – 2018
- Led a 5-person videography crew in recording 10 live theater performances.
- Edited up to 3 camera angles, 6 audio sources, and numerous graphic elements into final videos.
Cascading Media LLC – Colorado Springs, CO; Madison, WI; Binghamton, NY
2008 – 2018
- Provided video production and web design services for a wide variety of small businesses.
- Prepared client briefs and produced custom proposals to best fit client goals and budgets.
- Produced product, service, and event marketing videos and websites, using Ruby on Rails and Drupal web technologies with responsive front-end designs.
- Managed up to 7-freelancers that included video camera operators, audio recordists, sound engineers, video editors, graphic designers, interface designers, as well as Ruby and PHP web developers.
United States Army – Iraq; Germany; Colorado
2003 – 2009
- Supplied direct intelligence support to six Special Forces teams during three combat tours in Iraq.
- Graduated with honors from the Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) leadership course.
- Held a TS/SCI (Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmentalized Information) security clearance.
Education | Certification
Binghamton University – Binghamton, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Cinema; Cinema GPA: 3.9/4.0; graduated with honors
Avid Technology – Avid Media Composer Certified User
Content Development & Remote Collaboration:
Final Draft | WriterDuet | Microsoft Office | Google Workspace
Frame.io | Postlab | Slack | Zoom | Dropbox | OneDrive
Video Editing & Finishing:
Avid Media Composer | Final Cut Pro & Compressor
Adobe Premiere Pro & Media Encoder | DaVinci Resolve Studio
Motion Graphics & Compositing:
Adobe After Effects | Motion
Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator | Affinity Photo & Designer
Avid Pro Tools | Logic Pro | Adobe Audition